Storm damage in Dallas, TX can be the result of hail, extreme wind, heavy rain, fallen trees, or other flying debris. Processing that your home has been damaged can be difficult, but there are steps you can follow to properly address and assess your storm damage in Dallas, TX.
Steps to Follow After a Storm
After severe weather hits, storm damage in Dallas, TX should be addressed in several ways. There are a lot of bases to cover between being cautious around damages and notifying all of the parties that could be involved.
- Be Safe. When you’re assessing storm damage in Dallas, TX, make safety a priority. Downed power lines may still be active and dangerous. If the storm damage involves a tree that has fallen on your home, avoid the area and call the power company.
- Call Your Insurance Company. It is important to report storm damage in Dallas, TX to your insurance company as soon as possible. This will allow your claim to be processed faster and more accurately.
- Avoid Additional Damages. Temporary repairs can protect your home from additional damages or theft. If there is an opening in the roof, walls, or windows you can use plywood, tarps, or other materials to secure the damaged area. If you track your expenses you can submit them to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
- Record Damages. You will need to make sure to record all of the damages done by the storm. You should be prepared to identify where the structure of your home was damaged and what possessions were affected. It is helpful to make lists of storm damage in Dallas, TX and take pictures of everything you would like reviewed by the adjuster.
- Notify Creditors. Due to the damages done to your home, you may be unable to pay your bills. Call any creditors that you will not be able to pay or that should expect a late payment. In addition, if your home is uninhabitable, you should call the utility company and ask if they can stop billing you.
- Review Your Policies. Look over your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance to see what damages they will cover. Get in contact with your agent to begin filing your claim.
- Contact An Experienced Contractor. When searching for a contractor, you need to look for professionals with experience fixing storm damage in Dallas, TX. Excellent Exteriors has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has been providing premium construction damage solutions for nearly two decades. We are fully insured, licensed, and bonded.
For your convenience, we have insurance specialists that work with your insurance company to get the full amount of money you need to restore your home. Storm damage in Dallas, TX can be catastrophic, but we will restore your home quickly and without hassle.
Excellent Exteriors is committed to providing the best, premium storm damage repair service with our skilled laborers and insurance experts. If storm damage in Dallas, TX has affected your home, contact us today, or call 855-351-ROOF.